Saturday, November 13, 2010

A National Commercial would be amazing!

web counter
Hit counter provided by www.website-hit-counters.com .

Well, what a week! Three auditions -- almost four! I auditioned with my friend Victor for a print ad. We are still waiting to see if we get a callback. Then I received a call to be at another casting office but could I make it in 1 hour? No way. I asked them if I could come Friday morning but they said no. Then my agent from Daily Talent called and I had another audition Friday afternoon. This was for a SAG national commercial at Alyson Horn casting. So I had the I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant audition Friday morning and the other commercial audition Friday afternoon. Whew! Tired but it felt good to go on these auditions. The more you audition the more comfortable you get and the better you audition. A national commercial would be amazing. That is what I need right now!!!

I've been invited to several screenings. The first is the new Harry Potter film. I am looking forward to going. I asked for an extra ticket and they said yes! Who wants to be my date??? And then SAG is doing a free screening of a film called Reel Injun at the Museum of Tolerance. I also get an extra ticket for that screening. Should be good!

I think I'll do some writing this weekend. I have been reading on the Polio Today site and it gets me depressed. Yikes, I feel sad that some of the members have been going through so many difficulties. But it is nice to go in there and ask a question to someone who is going through the same thing or something similar. Sometimes I wonder if these tweaks are all in my head. Like the other night I was so tired and I didn't overdo it. I just was so tired and it was only 8:30 pm but I couldn't take another step or keep my eyes open. I figured my body is tired and I'm getting my rest. Sure enough, the next morning I felt refreshed. Wouldn't it be great if people had a reboot button? We could just shut it down for the night, no thoughts. No dreams, just out like a light. Then in the morning we would be full of energy and ready to go. I swear I wish I had bionic legs. Then my legs and feet could take me wherever I wanted to go. I could do all the things that other people can do. Like roller skate, ice skating, and dancing. I miss dancing so much. Now maybe I can dance one dance, then I get tired and I have to sit for the remainder of the evening. But my friends who are in wheelchairs tell me I am lucky to stand and walk. So yes, I am grateful.

Now my hands and arms are starting to hurt and I have headaches everyday. I know I am lucky that I was not in the iron lung. And I know I should be wearing my leg braces every day. But I want to go, go, go! And my body says, I don't think so. I'm trying to eat healthier. I remember reading that those of us who have PPS need protein everyday. Eggs, peanut butter, nuts, cottage cheese. I've been cutting down on portions too so hopefully that will help. Nothing like being overweight and sitting in a wheelchair. No fun and it doesn't look sexy either.

Like my new photo? Well I was feeling good and wanted to try a new look. I may look confident but actually I'm quite shy. It takes awhile for me to get to know you. But once I feel good, I'm actually quite funny. I am all business but once I let my hair down, I am actually quite nerdy. Some people look right past me. And that's okay, because I am a silent observer of life. And it's my job as an actor to observe real life. And it's my job as a writer to imagine. And according to Janis Ian, it is our job as an artist to be true to ourselves. I always wondered why I felt different from everyone in my family and from my friends. And it is because I am an artist. And we know each other. We know it before we even see it or say it. It's a beautiful community of artists and that is why we seek each other out.

copyright 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment