Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Callback

What a day I've had today! I had a callback today for a SAG national commercial. It was early morning and if you know me you know I am not a morning person. But I woke up early, took a bubble bath and got ready. I'm supposed to look really, really nice like a trophy wife. So that means nice hair, nice clothes and definitely time for the false eyelashes. So I looked good, grabbed my folder which had directions and extra headshots just in case they are needed.
I put on extra moisturizer and I'm glad because the temp today was 81 degrees! Traffic was horrible and even though I left in plenty of time, by the time I arrived I only had 5 minutes before my call time to run to the ladies room and do a quick touch up of lipstick and rehearsing my lines.

They sat me with 2 guys who would audition with me. One was a distinguished older gentleman who would play my husband and the other guy was a younger fellow. Both were very nice looking and Latino also. In a few moments they called us in and we did our thing. Now because this was a callback, other folks were in the room. Don't know who they were but I didn't want to get nervous thinking about them. I just wanted to concentrate on why I was there and do my job.

I started to get nervous then I reminded myself that I have been onstage many times in the past doing live performances. This was a piece of cake! So we did our thing and guess what? It was probably the best audition I've ever had. I am feeling really good about my performance and this reminds me why I love acting. Plus I haven't a callback in forever so I felt good about that too.

It's funny how you know if you had a bad audition (Dexter) or a good one (Capital One). You just know, you don't have to wait for feedback from your agent.

Well, I have a new follower. Hello to Ernie! Thanks for chatting with me the other evening. It was great to catch up with you.

Oh oh, starting to get really hungry for dinner and I am craving my homemade fried chicken and mashed potatoes. I was so good at lunch eating a light salad, soup and drinking water. I'm going to lose weight if it kills me! Anyone know anything about Isogenix? A friend of mine is selling this stuff and says I should get a 30 day supply but $300 is a little much for me right now.

Why does everything have to be so crazy right now? I had two tickets to go to a screening of a film with Mark Ruffalo. I had plans to be with my friend Andy and have dinner. And I had to cancel because my legs were bad! I don't understand it. I got up early, took a nice bath. I went to the hairdressers who did a wonderful job of making me look gorgeous. And then I came home. And as the afternoon went on, my energy just left. I was cold, lethargic and could not walk at all. It was pretty scary. Now for my post polio buddies out there you know what I'm talking about. I was so mad because I was supposed to sit in on a Q & A with Mark Ruffalo after the show. And I haven't seen Andy in awhile and we were really looking forward to spending some time together and catching up. But Andy has cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair and he knows how bad pps can get. He said he would pray that I would feel better soon. So sweet! And sure enough I talked to him today and he said you sound so much better already.

So hey folks, if you believe in prayer -- please say a little prayer for me. This job that I had a callback today would mean so much for my career. Thank you, Jesus! Amen!








web counter
Hit counter provided by http://www.website-hit-counters.com/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment