Friday, November 26, 2010

How Was Turkey Day?

web counter
Hit counter provided by www.website-hit-counters.com .

Mine was very good although I miss my son who is serving his country abroad. We kept him in our prayers at dinnertime. Speaking of dinner I have eaten so much these last 3 days. Yikes! But as I said earlier Thanksgiving is not the time to be dieting. No regrets. I love turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and the pumpkin pie.

So sad to hear that George Lopez and his wife Ann are divorcing. I had heard that quite some time ago but to know that it is finally happening is still sad to me. I read an article recently about marriage being obsolete and I don't think that is so. Marriage is the glue that holds families together. I think most people long for that special someone to love them when they are young and hot and someone to grow old with.

What do you look like first thing in the morning? I always remove all my makeup before I go to bed. Sometimes I still have lipstick on because I hate dry lips. But other than that my hair is a mess, I usually have a pillow line on my cheek. It's not glamorous in the least. My face needs a good scrubbing, a brush through my hair and some toothpaste. A little moisturizer and I'm good to go for that hot cup of coffee in the morning. Then all is right with the world again.

I recently had two sleep studies. I found out that I have been so tired because I'm not getting all the oxygen that I need. I have sleep obstruction and sleep apnea going on. So my doctor has recommended a CPAP machine. Oh, now I look really glamorous when I go to bed. I have this mask with tubing that goes in my nose so I can breathe in good oxygen and get rid of the carbon dioxide. It is very quiet and amazingly, my throat doesn't hurt every morning. It makes me sleep better already and sleeping better gives me more energy through the day and I'm not constantly in a haze, fumbling for thoughts and words. It has only been 3 days and I feel a big difference already. So much fun having polio, isn't it?

I am looking at the calendar and I can't believe it is November, 2010. My goodness this year has just flown by. I'm looking around my house and there's just so much stuff! I have to start downsizing. I have boxes and boxes of books. I have cabinets full of DVDs. I swear I'm going to downsize. Not having a job can be a good thing. You don't have any extra money to buy more junk. I've never been one of those gals that has to shop, shop buy, buy all the time. If I need a black skirt I go to the store and walk straight to the skirt section. I may try on 3 or 4 and then find exactly what I want, purchase it and leave. I can't see wasting your time at a mall. I actually hate shopping. If I could afford to have a personal shopper, I would hire one in a heartbeat.

One thing I do love is getting my hair done. Nails are nice too but that is a luxury I can do without. But hair is another thing entirely. Love the shampoo and conditioner part. Just quietly resting my eyes while my hair is being washed. Love it! I am growing my hair out again and its growing in thick and nice just like always. I've had shorter hair for years because I was writing and didn't want to be bothered. Just chop it off and give me a pad and a pen. I've got things to do, people to watch and stories to write. But now I'm reviewing the situation as they say in Oliver!

I miss so many things but no time to ponder on what was. Time to think of what could be. I think I'll watch the Wizard of Oz and start decorating my fake Christmas tree. I love a real tree but when I was paying almost $100 for a tree that dies anyway I had to review the situation. We can make some hot chocolate and listen to some holiday music. Then sit down and watch Judy Garland sing Over the Rainbow. Love it! Welcome to the holiday season. Time to make sure I have correct addresses to send out the Christmas cards. Do you believe it? I'm thankful for my family, my friends near and far and my cats. My furry little friends make me laugh and give me joy. I'm thinking of getting a dog but what type? Don't know but it seems everyone around here has a dog or two. I want something not too large but not too small either. A type of dog that gets along well with cats. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment