Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Good News!

web counter

Hit counter provided by www.website-hit-counters.com

My, oh my what a week this has been. My friends are travelling by air to Pennsylvania and the other to Texas. I am staying home this Thanksgiving and happy to do so. I love the smell of the turkey and all the goodies cooking. Yum! Now is not the time to be dieting.

So I have good news! I received a call on one of the auditions I did recently. While I am not officially booked, I did receive a call to be on avail. And what that means is they are interested in you and want to know if I am available to film should they decide for sure on me. I have not been getting callbacks lately and now I received one callback and one avail. Yay, things are looking up.

I have been trying to keep my attitude positive and sometimes that is difficult. And you know this is true if you read my last email. But I can get very strong opinions when it comes to politics and my rights as a citizen in this country. Enough about that!

Hurray for Andy who is performing comedy again this weekend. I plan on going to see him on Saturday night. He is doing so well, hanging in there and working his comedy. I will have to ask him how performing comedy before a live audience is different from acting.

I have done theater, film and television. I actually like theater because it keeps you sharp. And when I had an audition for a national commercial recently I used the skills I had learned in theater to help me with my audition. Skills, people. Acting is a skill and it can be learned.

I am meeting new friends and going to meetings. I am taking care of myself and trying to pace myself. I have had an amazing year. I worked at Paramount Studios. I have auditioned for Dexter and now a national commercial. I am stepping up my game. I have had some good training and met some awesome people.

I have so much in which to be thankful and one is you. Thank you for keeping up with me. Thank you for your comments and your interest. I try to be honest in this blog and I hope that you have learned something or shared something. I have met some of you face to face and that of course, is always exciting. Here is to trying, succeeding and enjoying every step of this journey called my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment