Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Audition in Beverly Hills

web counter
Hit counter provided by www.website-hit-counters.com .

I was notified yesterday that I had an audition early this morning in Beverly Hills. The role called for was a Mom. I think they are casting only two Moms to be in a music video for a Disney show. It was fun. It was difficult finding something to wear. When I arrived the lobby area was full of folks. There were a few younger Moms but most looked well over 50, 60 and up. So maybe they will choose me (fingers crossed). I would say more but you know these auditions are hush hush so I can't say more.

I called my friend, Andy Arias to see if he wanted to grab a quick lunch but he said he was currently working on the set and couldn't talk. So we will talk later and I will get the chisma on what that young man is up to. As you may recall, I interviewed Andy for Latino LA. He is moving up in his acting career. He will appear in the new Tom Hanks film, Larry Crowne.

So I drove home and stopped at one of my favorite restaurants, The Lone Star. They make the best chili. I'm trying to lose some weight and I love food so I'm trying to make better choices. I'm cutting down on portions and trying not to eat red meat. Difficult because I love tacos. What to do?

The Los Angeles Women's Theatre Project is doing a big weekend of women who are writing, acting, directing and putting on live theatre in Palm Springs. And the fabulous Janis Ian will be performing a concert. My friend, Donna was lucky enough to get two passes for the entire event, including a VIP pass to the after parties and she invited me! Yay, so I know we will have a fabulous time. Palm Springs, here we come.

And I was invited by Stacy Codikow, executive director of POWER UP to their annual event November 7 in Hollywood. All kinds of fabulous women will be there and maybe even some from The L Word. Ugh, I can't be at two places at once. If only!

Guess who got asked to review the new Harry Potter film to be released November 19? That's right, me! The first two screenings are coming up very soon at Warner Brothers studios. And I get to go to the final screening. I am so excited as this film is Part 1 of the final Harry Potter film series. Sadness!

So much news today!!! I hope you all took the time to get out to vote. Democracy is a wonderful thing. So with that, I am signing off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment