Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Oh Janis!

Yes, it is true. I met Janis Ian! I attended the Women in Art festivities in Palm Desert, CA over the weekend. Now the Los Angeles Women's Theatre Project had their program at the Stella Adler theater over the last two years. I participated in previous years by writing and directing. I loved it. This year I just went to show my support. My friend, Donna received two VIP passes and asked me to be her guest. Thanks to Donna and her lovely sister, Marie we all had a great time. Marie has a home in Rancho Mirage and we stayed there. But the best part of the weekend was getting front row seats to the Janis Ian concert.

Janis taught a master class on Sunday morning and I loved it. She was so generous to share herself for well over an hour. She answered questions and I purchased her autobiography, Society's Child. Wow, what a weekend!!!

I have audition news! I was notified yesterday to come audition today for a print ad. I can't really talk about it but it is a great opportunity to be seen. I think it went really well so we shall see what happens. I auditioned with my guy pal, Victor. We hit it off right away when we met six months ago and now here we are auditioning together. After the audition we grabbed some lunch then went our separate ways. Keeping fingers crossed for us!!!

Well, I get to rest for a little bit before going to LA again on Friday for another audition for "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant". Yes, I know I was already on the show but this is for another part. Don't know if it will be okay since I was on the show. I notified the casting director so we will see what she says.

Keeping fingers crossed, keeping the faith. I am working hard to being the artist I was always meant to be.









web counter
Hit counter provided by http://www.website-hit-counters.com/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment