Sunday, December 26, 2010

How Can Anyone Be Afraid of a Clown?

web counter
Hit counter provided by www.website-hit-counters.com .

Well, Christmas is over and I am glad. So many people driving like crazy fools for the past few days. They wait till the last minute and then shoppers everywhere and people fighting for parking spots.

The holiday dinner turned out really good and we still have some leftovers. The cookies were excellent and I'm so glad that I made them. I handed some away as gifts too. A pretty quiet holiday. My brother was going to visit from Las Vegas but the rains were so bad that he decided to stay home after all. I don't blame him. In this weather, better to fly.

I talked to a few people who said they were afraid when they saw me dressed as a clown. What? How can anyone be afraid of a clown? But some are and that is so strange to me. Clowns make you laugh, they are so goofy and funny. They give you animal balloons, they ride around in little cars. They have big feet. I love clowns and love being a clown. I am going to learn to juggle and paint faces and do animal balloons. I can't wait!

I've given my writing a bit of a rest during this holiday time although I should probably pick up on it a bit. I cut all my nails off which helps me type faster and I love this. I usually write not on a computer, but on yellow legal pads. I have them everywhere. Whenever I'm working on a project or getting stuff out of my head, it goes right on the paper. I guess different writers use different techniques. This works for me.

I read Water for Elephants in one day. It was so good that I reading it all over again. This is one book that I definitely want to keep so I guess I will be going to Barnes & Noble to pick up a copy for me and one for my Mom. She is an avid reader too so now I know that I take after her in that regard.

For some reason I am craving chicken. Perhaps I will make some fried chicken. I make it the best. Really, I have yet to go to any restaurant that makes it as good as mine. I have a taste for some greens too. A nice tossed salad, biscuits, potatoes and fried chicken. And then, come New Year's Day, time to diet again.

Ugh! But I must unless I want to be a little roly poly clown. And that will not do. Oh no, that will not do at all. I must admit that I am looking forward to the New Year. New adventures, a new job and better opportunities. I know that things will be looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment