Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Please deliver to Uncle Ted in Heaven

web counter
Hit counter provided by www.website-hit-counters.com .

Dear Uncle Ted,

I am writing this letter to you because I know that you wanted us to stay in touch. I am going to miss your laughter and the way you said you needed some lovies. I enjoyed watching you eat everything on your plate. I remember visiting you in the hospital and seeing your face light up when we walked into the room.


I remember how cute you looked on our doorstep when you came over to visit us and you handed me a bouquet of flowers. I dressed for dinner and I took your arm and we walked into the restaurant and you loved the salmon dish you ordered.


You loved eating ice cream – and you loved entertaining. You were very kind to my parents and you thought my Mom was a pistol.


You said you don’t remember the last time you went to the movies and I made a mental note of that so we could take you but many times you didn’t want to leave the house. I think you knew you didn’t have much time left.


I didn’t realize what a romantic you were until you said that your wife died in your arms. It made me realize that you still grieved for her to this day. And now you are with Enid.


We had spoken some words and said some things that we both regretted and when John called you were so happy and apologetic. Then I knew that we could never be mad at each other again. Life is too short to say mean things that you can’t take back. And nothing is worse than having no family.


You told me many times how much you loved John and that was nice to hear. You showed us many photos of your family and told us how Grandma Ann was more your mother than a big sister, you loved her so!


You loved music and I think you were really happy that John, Jeremy and Amy all shared your love of music. I think you were proud of my acting career too and would call me movie star!


You gave us good advice on where to move, when to buy a home and when to keep our homes. You talked many times about how you didn’t like doctors, and illness and you were so proud that you were able to drive yourself to the doctor’s offices and you very rarely asked for any help even though we offered many times.


You were stubborn as a mule at times and there were times when we intervened but I think that you loved the fact that we cared. And we did. You were not perfect but no one is. In the end, it is all about forgiveness and love. And family. Thank you for your guidance and your love. We will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment