Thursday, December 16, 2010

Be a Clown

web counter
Hit counter provided by www.website-hit-counters.com .

Be a clown, be a clown all the world loves a clown. Some of you may have noticed that I changed my profile photo. Yes, I did. Well there was an audition notice that I received and they were looking for clowns. Apparently some folks who are not clowns submitted themselves. And the notice went out again for real clowns.

So I put on my full clown attire including all makeup and sent in some lovely photos. The project is for a television show and this is an AFTRA job. Yay! Today I received the phone call that I have been selected. No audition necessary! This is a featured role and I am so excited. I am packing my items because I have an early call time tomorrow and must be in full clown attire and on the set.

Of course the rest of my week has been dead and then I get an email from my agent that I have a big audition for a really big project. And the audition is tomorrow! Why does everything happen at once? Ugh! It never fails. The audition couldn't be Saturday or Monday. It has to be tomorrow after I already accepted the clown job.

Now in case you are wondering what the protocol is, once you accept the job it is yours. And you cannot or should not even try to get out of it. It is considered bad form to leave one job for another. And in all fairness, tomorrow is an audition it is not a job. And besides, I already accepted the job.

Now I love being a clown and have never been a clown on television. I have auditioned as a clown on several other projects but was never selected. I am an actor not a model so doing photos is difficult for me. But, I have been watching America's Next Top Model and I have been learning what to do and what not to do from that show.

And guess what? It really helped. The models only have a few moments to get into character and then strike a pose. The same with acting. Our head shots are our calling cards. To a certain degree you can make yourself look better. But you have to start out with a good face, a good pose and good clothes. Sometimes if you get nervous, it will show on your photo. So the good thing about being a clown is most of your face is in clown makeup. But the camera still sees your eyes. And that is where being in the moment comes in.

I had a really good time getting into character with a doll, an umbrella, using my hands, and making faces. Well, apparently they liked what they saw because I got booked from my photos. I report to the set early tomorrow for a long day of filming. I'm so excited! We shoot in North Hollywood and let me tell ya, this job could not have come at a better time.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment