Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

web counter

Hit counter provided by www.website-hit-counters.com .

Happy New Year to everyone out there in cyber space. I am so excited because I read in my horoscope that I will have a good year and this will be followed by 12 more years of prosperity. It also said that the last two years have been difficult (true) and that my hard work will finally come to fruition this Spring. That sounds good to me and so far this is true.

In Hollywood it is difficult, but not impossible to make your dreams come true. One of my favorite actors is Mark Ruffalo. I never thought I would ever meet him and I certainly never thought I would ever work with him. However, two years ago I received a phone call from Rich King casting. They wanted to know if I would be interested in working as a featured background person in Mark's new film. The project was a SAG film and would soon be submitted to the Sundance Film festival. Of course I said yes and that is how I got my third SAG voucher. He was particularly looking for performers with disabilities. Now how often does that happen? Oh yes, the film is called "Sympathy for Delicious" and I got to be in a scene with Orlando Bloom. When we finished shooting the scene and we wrapped for the day I told Mark, "I am a big fan of yours". And he said, now that I've seen your work, I am a big fan of yours, too! And he hugged me and kissed me on the cheek. See, dreams do come true. I just saw "The Kids are Alright" and it was so good. I was invited to the screening last Fall and wouldn't you know it, I got really ill. I had two tickets reserved at the Arclight theater. My friend, Andy Arias was going to be my guest and the tickets were in my name. Andy went anyway and he got to talk to Mark. I was so upset but it was one of those bad days when my legs were not working and I was sitting at home pouting.

I am very excited for the new opportunities coming my way, some are in the works as we speak. Keep the faith, people! You will be seeing more and more of me in person, in print, on television and on film. I am getting better and better as I hone my craft and encouraging those that I meet along the way.

I am sad that we lost some friends and relatives last year. However, I know they would want us to continue living and loving those around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment