Sunday, December 19, 2010

Childrens Hospital on Cartoon Network

web counter
Hit counter provided by www.website-hit-counters.com .

Well, I had a blast on the television show Childrens Hospital. This started out as a webisode, turned into a television show on the WB and then got picked up by the Cartoon Network. This program pokes fun at all the serious hospital shows like ER, Grey's Anatomy, etc. The show stars Henry Winkler, Megan Mullally and others.

I am excited because I told my family I want to be a clown. It was in the back of my mind and I walked into our local thrift store. And lo and behold there was this beautiful little red hat just calling out to me. Price $2. I tried it on and it was a perfect fit. I went home, had this costume hanging in my closet and came up with my clown outfit.

I practiced with the make-up till I found something I really liked and ta da! Now to get some stockings, underwear and gloves. Did you know that there is clown etiquette? It is true. There is clown etiquette. As a clown you cannot show any skin. Nada! So I even have makeup over my ears, neck and throat.

I have been an elf and now a clown. Yay! Very excited because I am going to learn to juggle and of course, make the balloons for the kids. I would love to visit hospitals, go to the library and entertain the children.

I was in a room full of 13 other clowns and we had a blast. There is nothing like a room full of clowns entertaining each other and the crew. There is nothing like the look of a child when they see a clown. Their whole face lights up. I love it.

We took a lunch break and we were starving. I didn't think anything about it until I heard a small child say there are so many clowns! And sure enough he looked like he was 5 and his face was so happy. He probably never saw so many clowns in one place.

I wish I were more agile and could do somersaults and stuff like that. But alas, with this polio I am happy to walk.

I am looking forward to the movie, Water for Elephants about the circus. If I had my photos with the casting agencies perhaps I would have been chosen too for this film. Ah! coulda, woulda, shoulda. But you live and learn with this business!

No comments:

Post a Comment