Sunday, May 16, 2010

Who Does She Think She Is?

web counter
Hit counter provided by www.website-hit-counters.com .

I was watching Charles Osgood this Sunday morning and I had to laugh at one of the stories. Comedians were laughing and reading aloud from celebrity autobiographies. Hilarious! Kinda like the Vagina Monologues from Eve Ensler but funny stories told by the celebrities own true words. One example was Vanna White talking about how Merv Griffin hired her over 200 other women because she turned the letters better than the others! Who does she think she is? You are turning letters, Vanna. It's not brain surgery. Ha!

A nice quiet Sunday morning. Woke up with arm pain again. Although it is not like the leg pains I was getting last night. One minute we were watching the "Godfather" and it ended. Next thing I know my hubby is telling me I was out like a light and it's time to go to bed. He helped me stand and helped me walk over to the bed. That is the last thing I remembered till I woke up at 6:30.

My kitten is by my side keeping me company. I am wearing my favorite pink long johns, white anklets, and a pink sweater. I also have a blanket over me. So much fun having polio.

Tomorrow I drive into Los Angeles to meet with photographer, Johnny Pena. His photos are amazing and he is giving a discount to all of the actors who are represented by the Daily Talent Agency. Yay! I thanked him profusely because most people say they would love to do some acting but they have no idea how difficult it is and how most of us are starving artists. I have worked on so many projects for free to gain some experience and knowledge. We take classes, work in theater, put on productions, volunteer our efforts and all for the love of performing and learning from each other. There is nothing like performing and hearing the applause. It is such a high. And I am big on helping other women too. I was supposed to go to Santa Ana to see a one-woman show but my polio got the best of me again and I had to stay home. Sure enough, by 10 pm I was out for the count.

I'm looking forward to new headshots. This guy that I just started working with said I don't like your current headshot. It looks like you're a Mom. I said, I am a Mom! You are? Yes, I am! I am not the Pamela Anderson type. I am not the Meg Ryan type. I am not the Salma Hyeck type. I am more like Betty Rubble to Wilma. I am Rosie O'Donnell to Meg Ryan in "Sleepless in Seattle". And you know, I like that. I am your best friend and closest confidante. If your newest haircut looks like shit, I will tell you. I will take your keys from you rather than let you drive home drunk. I will sit there while you confide in me that you had an abortion at age 17. But I will chastise you when you sit there at age 40 and tell me that you are working for an organization that will take away a woman's right to choose to terminate her pregnancy.

I can play a waitress, a clown, a maid, a lawyer, a soccer Mom, a nurse or a nun. I will not play a prostitute, a stripper or a rape victim. I would, however play a model for Picasso (if I lost some poundage ahead of time). Oh, the things we do for art. Who does she think she is? Anyone I choose to be today because I am an Actor.

No comments:

Post a Comment