Saturday, May 1, 2010

New Day, New Gig

web counter
Hit counter provided by www.website-hit-counters.com .

I'm paying my dues, people. I have been hired to work as an intern for a production company in Los Angeles. Intern, unpaid assistant who is learning on the job. Production companies do pre-production, production and post production. That means everything from doing research, making phone calls, putting a team together, faxing items, doing gopher work and a million details to pulling it all together. I have worked production before and while it can be rewarding, it can be a thankless job.

I have been doing this for the last 3 weeks. I must say it is exciting to drive onto the lot of a large studio in Hollywood and go to work. I am learning quite a bit and am thankful for this opportunity.

Tomorrow we begin filming a webisode. I hope it all goes well. I was trying to contribute here and there, where needed. I don't feel like my job is all that important. And that is difficult for me because I am a take charge kind of gal. But I am in the learning phase so I just keep my mouth shut, and learn all that I can. It is important to have a good team attitude and we must all work together for the good of a good project.

As an actor there are so many responsibilities. Learning your lines, learning your marks, following directions and performing. Being in front of the camera. Being behind the camera is important, too. While not seen, it is important to help others be their best so we can put together a great project. That is what I keep telling myself.

My job, I am told is to be at the head post. To be at the main control center, with walkie talkie in hand. Why then do I feel like my job is passing out the gatorade to the team? Oh ego, get out of my own head. When the quarterback makes the touchdown, the whole team wins. And whoever looks at the gatorade guy anyway? Isn't it more important to be a part of the winning team?

No comments:

Post a Comment