Saturday, May 15, 2010

Tomorrow is Another Day!

web counter
Hit counter provided by http://www.website-hit-counters.com/ .

I am constantly amazed how my life can be down one day and up the next. I was not feeling well, no energy, flu symptoms, etc. Then I had an opportunity to go to Las Vegas. I needed to get out of Dodge so to speak. My brother lives in Vegas and I always look forward to seeing him.

Well, the weather was beautiful and our hotel was lovely. I met the hospitality maid in my room and we had a lovely conversation in Spanish. I found out that she is from Cuba. I gambled a little and won some money. New headshots, here we come! My brother & I spent the day together and that is always fun. And he surprised me with comp tickets to see Jubilee! We had the best seats in the house and the show was amazing.

My friends are doing some amazing projects and they always inspire me to step up my game. My polio support friends are going through their own tribulations and they also inspire me to know when to work and when to rest. I am grateful for their friendship and guidance.

My husband is so generous. He works hard and tells me to have a good time in Vegas. When I surprised him with our Jubilee tickets he was so happy. It was nice to see him relaxing and having a good time at the show. In case you have never seen Jubilee, it is a topless show. I don't think I've ever seen that many topless women ever. And I went to an all girl high school!

I think a quick trip to Vegas was well in order and just what the doctor ordered. Whenever I get depressed and sad I need to remind myself that tomorrow is another day! Thank you, Jesus for beautiful weather, a wonderful brother, my generous husband and dear friends.

Next week, new headshots with the wonderful photographer Johnny Pena.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome blog post Lisa. One of my favorite phrases is 'This too shall pass'. Seize the day! I'm thrilled you had a wonderful time in Vegas. Going with the ebb and flow of life with PPS. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete