Monday, February 14, 2011

Don't Worry, Be Happy

web counter
Hit counter provided by http://www.website-hit-counters.com/ .

Thank you to all my followers who have taken time from their busy day to accompany me in this life. There are so many times when one can feel so alone and it is nice to reach out into cyberspace and find some friends. I recently asked some friends to pray for me and it warmed my heart that I received messages of encouragement, thought and yes, prayers.

I worry about those folks that are alone especially on days like this, Valentine's Day. I think about my sister who is unlucky in her love life. I think about my brother-in-law who is 55 years old and has never been on a date (to my knowledge). And I think about those who are alone now through death, separation or divorce. Wow. I feel for them, I really do. But there is such a thing that is called self love.

I always try to work on myself. I compete with myself, if you will. I know my shortcomings, believe me. I try to work on those. I know I can be impatient. I try to laugh everyday. And I do have a sarcastic tongue. Now that I am older, I often bite my tongue. I would rather do that than say something mean or sarcastic to someone just because I can. I enjoy taking the high road. I'm not perfect by any means but I know when it is better to say nothing at all than to say something spiteful.

I have some news! I have been asked to speak on the radio. It's true. We are still in talks of when and what to talk about but I feel so blessed to be asked. It's exciting! I think I have stuff to say. And if you know me, you know that once I start talking, it's tough to get a word in. Sorry but so often I am alone and in my head so that when I do get around folks, I do like to talk.

I had a lovely chat with my friend, Andy. I always feel good when I talk to him. We can commiserate together because he is also an actor with a disability. We are each other's cheerleaders. One of the things I intend to do this year is to stay on top of my game with acting classes. If you don't stay in tune, you can get rusty. That is true with any profession. I always encourage Andy to take classes, to stay sharp. He encourages me when I go to audition after audition.

There are so many good films right now and I am excited that I saw The Black Swan and The Kings Speech. I still want to see some other films before the academy awards. I'd better hurry up.

Well, off to start my day. I must pace myself and not overdo it. There are people to see and places to go. I have my cell phone, my writing tablets and my pens. I have my camera and my tape recorder. Who shall I interview today???

No comments:

Post a Comment