Saturday, February 19, 2011

Riding the Wave







web counter
Hit counter provided by http://www.website-hit-counters.com/ .

Do you know what happens when you work really hard and you learn your craft? Well, if you don't give up -- you get the job!


I had breakfast this morning with a good friend who is also an actor. We talked about how important it is to not only learn your craft, but to stay positive, network and do all the right things. There were times when he would be down and I would help by giving advice. And there were times when I would be down and he would give me advice. That is what friends are for.


I have friends who are casting directors, production assistants, make-up and wardrobe ladies, acting coaches and even managers. You need friends to be honest and give you constructive criticism. And you need a thick skin. This business is tough but not impossible.


You need a support system of friends and family to cheer you on. Believe me, there were times that I felt like giving up. There were times that I worked all day and went to rehearsals at night. I did shows and plays. I've screwed up auditions and cried all the way home. But I learned from each and every audition. A friend of mine, Culture Clash member Herbie Siguenza told me to go out for each and every role that I felt I was right for. He said to learn from each and every audition. And I did. I took mental notes and each time tried to be as prepared as I could be.


And so look out -- because you will see more and more of me -- on television -- in films -- on the radio -- and in print. I am not sitting by my phone waiting for it to ring. I am taking charge of my career. I am the boss, I am in charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment