Thursday, September 3, 2009

There's Gonna Be a Great Day!

web counter
Hit counter provided by www.website-hit-counters.com .

I spoke to my agent last evening and she told me I booked a job! One of the auditions I went on last week was for the TLC show, I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant. I auditioned for the role of the Doctor. I had some new scrubs and a stethoscope. We had to learn the lines and the job also called for some Improv work. I love Improv so it was no problem for me.

I got there early, rehearsed my lines, looked good and felt confident. That's all you can do. Go in there and do your best. So even though I did not get the role of the Doctor, they did give me an equally juicy role.

We film next week. Yeah! I spoke to my agent about going on auditions and leaving and not really knowing how you did. She told me they are so busy they don't have time to give people feedback. I know that is true but still when someone else gets hired for the job you have to wonder. Is it that I don't have the look they want? Am I not talented enough? What is it? She said you are talented, it usually is that they are going for a certain look. So that made me feel better. She said be yourself, be confident and don't worry about it.

I really like my agent. She's so professional and that's what I like. I don't have time for folks who are fooling around. This is a business and should be treated like one.

As for blogging, I like it. It helps me stay centered and focused. When I worked at the Police Department for 10 years I learned so much. A person's character is so important. And your word is so important. So if you have ever read any of my articles published on Latino LA you will see that I do not put people down. I try to be always positive and uplifting. Acting is a hard profession and you really cannot take rejection personally.

When terrible things happen like the fires we are having in southern California, it really makes you appreciate the kind of professional people that the firemen are and the police personnel and hospital personnel. Where would we be without these people? The Red Cross and The Salvation Army and the United Way. Good people volunteer their time and services and professionalism to help others. So many good people out there. I worked dispatch and I've worked for The Salvation Army and I've worked with the United Way. So I know first hand how these people are there at a moment's notice to do whatever it is needs to be done.

And so I know that there's gonna be a great day when these fires are put out and folks can go back to their homes and start again. And for those who have lost their lives, our prayers go out to you and to your families.

No comments:

Post a Comment