Sunday, September 27, 2009

From Mexico With Love













web counter
Hit counter provided by http://www.website-hit-counters.com/ .


It's been a crazy week. I went to Beverly Hills to meet up with actor, Kuno Becker for his new film, "From Mexico with Love". I had 15 minutes to interview him at the famous Four Seasons Hotel. It was my first time at this hotel and it was as beautiful as you can imagine. He was very sweet and the film will open on October 9 in San Antonio, Texas!



On Tuesday, I was invited by Sara Guerrero, Artistic Director for the Breath of Fire Latina Theater in Santa Ana to come and read for the new play, The Medea Complex. I received the script the day before and it is amazing. Written by Playwright, Patricia Crispin, it is a modern version of the Greek tragedy of Medea & Jason. And I got the role! I'm very excited and we start rehearsals next week. It's a very meaty role and as an actor, a play will keep you on your toes. If you mess up,there are no new takes. I'm looking forward to performing there. The play runs for several weeks in Santa Ana and opens at the end of October.



On Thursday, I was invited to come and do a 1 minute audition for the CBS Diversity Showcase. Yes, a 1 minute comedic audition. I think I did pretty well. I wrote an original piece about a month ago and just did that piece. Everyone laughed and that is a good sign. I felt relaxed and ready to work and boy that 1 minute sure comes and goes so quickly. I've heard other actors say they've received callbacks and I hope I get one too. This showcase is only done annually so if you get invited to come audition it is a pretty big deal.


What a week! Crazy but this is my life right now. I have 2 interviews to conduct for Latino LA and lots of research to do so my work is cut out for me.


I connected with Jackie Barber on Facebook. I did a student film with her several years ago for Chapman University Film School. I believe she was the assistant director. I never saw the final film and through Facebook, we connected and she sent me the film. It was pretty good! Lots of folks don't like to see themselves on film but I try to learn from each film so I can get better for the next one. In the film I am held hostage by bank robbers and get shot. It was so much fun and it was great to see a film I did 4 years ago. The film is called National Bank and Trust and you can see it on http:/www.vimeo.com/1333912


Happy viewing!







2 comments:

  1. Lisa, Wow! Congratulations on all of your successes!! I see more to come for you in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Please become a follower and stay tuned for more celebrity sitings and interviews...

    ReplyDelete