Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Medea Complex

I am very excited that I booked a role in the play, The Medea Complex which opens on October 30 at the Breath of Fire Latina Theater in Santa Ana. Directed by Sara Guerrero and Assistant Director, Angela Cruz the play runs thru November 21.

Written by Patricia Crespin, this play is a loose adaptation of Euripides Medea, with a latin twist. Medea thrives on the weakness of others and reeks of temptation and doom. She encompasses all women who stand to be judged for their actions and apologizes for none of it.

I can't wait to meet Ms. Crespin. As you all know, I love words and am actually working on a novel that I started several months ago. I am so thankful that I took this slow time and worked on my craft in more acting lessons. One cannot sit around and wait for things to happen. I went back to the basics, read and studied, learned new things in acting class. I started writing new comedy routines and started auditioning more and more.

I love writing for Latino LA but I wanted to work on my own career more too and I'm glad that I took the time to really think about what I want to do. I have a supportive family and that helps tremendously. I also think it is important to surround yourself with other supportive artists. I don't know where I would be without my family, my friends, and my editor.

Everytime I meet a celebrity, 9 times out of 10 they are very supportive of other Latino artists. There is a generosity and love of our people that I see that is so rewarding.

We begin rehearsals tonite. The play runs through November 21 and even though I am doing another show in Hollywood in October, it should be okay.

Now to get a little rest before I review the script and onto rehearsals!

web counter
Hit counter provided by www.website-hit-counters.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment