Friday, August 14, 2009

What's New With You?

web counter
Hit counter provided by www.website-hit-counters.com .

Well, I am so glad you asked. I had a job interview for a writing position. And it was weird timing because I applied and the very next day my Agent called to tell me they wanted to see me. Well, she knows that I do theatre and I do drama and I do comedy. So she represents me for theatre, commercial work and print work. Print work is modeling stuff. If you know me, you know I do not look like a model. I look like your regular average American woman. Now the average American woman is 5'4" tall and wears a size 14. I am under 5'4" and I wear a size 12. Which is HUGE in LA. Most women there are a size 0 to 4. Yup, 0 to 4. I am not large enough to wear Lane Bryant clothes. Although if I keep eating, I'll get there. I am in that in between stage. So needless to say, I don't like going to the mall or shopping for clothes.

Back to the writing position. So my Agent does not know that I write. Even though I am a regular contributing writer to Latino LA. (here's my plug: http://www.LatinoLA.com). So that's cool, I landed an appointment for an interview. But I have guests in my home and I can't just leave them and run up to LA. So I rescheduled the appointment for Thursday (yesterday). It worked out great cause I was able to relax and enjoy my guests. And after they left I realized they will probably want to see some of my new work.

As a writer there are times when you can't write or type fast enough. The material just pours out of you onto the page. And then there are other times when you can't write if your life depended on it. I hate those times. I know they are only temporary and then I'll spring back to life again. So I started to panic because I wanted to show him something new.

And then I started doing some research on some new material I had in mind. Then I started watching some old rap performances on You Tube. And I started watching some new material like Black Eyed Peas and Usher. And I started writing and writing and yes, I came up with some new stuff.

The interview went very well and I may have an opportunity to join and collaborate with some other writers in a new venture. The only thing is, I'm used to doing my own thing. I'm thinking over their offer of joining them and working as a team. But then, who will own my material? See, things to think about before joining anything. People this is Show business. Emphasis on business! So I have to think with my head.

In the meantime, I've been seriously thinking about making my own You Tube videos for a long time. I've done some celebrity interviews. I can do some video interviews. I know tons of famous people and I always have people asking me to interview them. So, let me know what you think. Write a comment and let me know your opinion.

Hasta la vista!

No comments:

Post a Comment