Wednesday, August 12, 2009

August es Muy Caliente!

web counter
Hit counter provided by www.website-hit-counters.com .

It's so darn hot in August. But after all, it is August. I started August out strong shooting some promos at the former MGM lot in LA. I did background -- once you are booked on a gig you really don't know what is in store for you. There were only 8 of us and 2 were chosen for Principle roles. It was cool to meet the other actors. We were all professional and met the Wardrobe guy and the Director. I was told by my agent that they were very pleased with all of us. We were on time, professional and did a great job. That's how to get future work, so I'm pleased. Getting paid for this will be the icing on the cake.

I have an interview tomorrow as a writer. I started to panic because when you are a writer or an actor, we panic. Why are we so insecure? I did a tarot card reading on myself and if I read the cards correctly, the cards said that if I don't believe in myself, who will? And that is so true. We have to go into auditions and interviews with confidence! We have to know that we are best person for that job and they would be silly to hire anyone else!

Once I started panicking, I started to get to work. I stayed up till 2:00 a.m. I'm not a day person, anyway. And I came up with quite a bit of original material. Very exciting stuff. Now I have to find my tripod which I know is in this house somewhere... and practice on camera work. We do have a few places here in town that have open mic night. It would be a good idea to go over there and practice my new material in front of a live audience to see what works and what doesn't.

See, if I were a manager I would advise my client to do just that. So being part of show business means you are not only the talent, we are the creator of our careers too. Speaking of which, there has been some questionable material on the casting sites lately. Is is me, or is everyone taking their clothes off now? I can't believe some of the breakdowns I am seeing. Like this...

Female actor needed to simulate sex. Nudity required. Low-budget film. No pay. What the hell! Why would any woman say, oh yeah -- sign me up. Please take advantage of me on film, ruin what could possibly be a good career -- and don't pay me for the priviledge of showing you my chi chis. These people need to get real.

There was one time when I went to audition for a play in San Diego. The audition was going pretty well. There were 4 of us ladies on stage. We had to briefly talk about ourselves for a few moments. And then we were asked to simulate masturbation. The other 3 ladies did. I just stood there and refused to do it. I am a former Catholic lady, people. I refused to cross that line. For what? For some stupid 3 guys who, I don't even know who they were. There is a difference between an Actor and a whore. Even in Hollywood, or in this case, San Diego.

'Why don't you give me the respect I deserve?" "Because I am not one of your fans"! quote from Mommie Dearest.

No comments:

Post a Comment