Thursday, February 12, 2015

Want to Stop Time


Oh, I wish I had the power to stop time.  Everything is so hectic all the time.  I thought all these gadgets were supposed to make our lives easier.  There is Facebook, and LinkedIn, and Pinterest and Instagram.  Then at work there are new CRM systems to learn.  Yikes!  All I want to do is meet people and talk to them and help them Buy a home or Sell their home.

I recently left the mortgage industry after seven years.  I am glad that I learned that industry but honestly it is so difficult pre-approving someone for a loan.  So many issues people have with credit and/or finances.  Some people are savers; and others are spenders.  How do you tell someone to stop spending?  People don't change their ways just like that.  But, if they want to buy a home they have to stop spending and really start saving.  It can be done, it just takes discipline.

So I am enjoying myself but I feel tied to electronic gadgets and that is just not for me.  I enjoy talking with people, meeting people and getting to know them.  One of my favorite pastimes is watching HGTV or DIY channel.  I love how people are shopping for homes and they fight a little about which home to buy or what they must have. And in the end, a compromise is usually called for.  I certainly don't want to be a person who gets in the middle of a husband who wants one thing and his wife who usually wants something else.  If they don't know what they want, how do I know what they want?

Well, it is getting to the point where I don't even want to turn on the morning news.  It is so depressing.  People hurting each other, crazy car chases in LA every other day.  That idiot Kanye West acting like a fool again and Bobby Kristina clinging to life in a coma.  Gees!  From now on, I am going to put on some music while I dress for work and start with some nice tunes in my head to carry me through the day.

If I could stop time -- just for a few hours each day, what a wonderful thing that would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment