Sunday, February 8, 2015

Feeling Creative

Feeling creative today but my body is tired and so I must listen.  One of the things I miss doing is sewing.  I made some flannel pajamas and they came out really nice.  Not difficult, at all!  But I am afraid I overdid it again and today I am paying the price.

I found a small market near my home that makes the most wonderful guacamole.  I brought some home along with nacho chips.  Made some fajitas for lunch and everything was excellent!  I am trying to concentrate on the good things; not the bad things so I will talk about the nice parts of today.

Well, it is Sunday and February and it is 78 degrees outside and not a cloud in the sky!  This is the great part of living in southern CA.  This is our winter!  I lived in cold climates before and I don't miss them, well maybe a little at Christmas time.  But after Christmas, I am ready for this time of year.  Last year we were swimming on Mother's Day.

Do you believe I still have not celebrated Christmas with my family?  I was all set to have a wonderful Christmas celebration with the family but then I got bronchitis.  For 4 weeks I could barely speak, was super exhausted and fighting that illness.  I didn't want it to turn into pneumonia.  So I went to the doctor after 4 days and got some antibiotics.  The Christmas presents are still here and so I am hoping to see the family this week and distribute those gifts.  

I made some muffins this morning for breakfast, had some hot tea and some carrot juice.  Yum!  I wanted scrambled eggs and bacon too but I am watching my weight.  It is difficult that I cannot do much physically anymore and so that means eating less.  If you have two good arms and too good legs, count your blessings!

Sorry if I seem to be rambling today.  I was on Facebook and saw some of my friends still acting, still dancing, still writing and performing.  I miss that so much.  I haven't given up acting or writing at all, I just have been super busy and this is my first day off in about a month.  I told my agent I am ready to go back to work after being ill; so book me!  

My friend, Juan is in a current production of Mama Mia.  My other friend, Daniel is in the current production of Seussical.  We each must travel our own journey.  I enjoyed writing for Latino LA; but after 3 years I didn't want to interview other people on the red carpet.  I wanted to be on the red carpet and I think that will still happen for me.  

Well, I am starting to get tired.  So I will sign off for now.  Be good -- be kind to each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment