Thursday, April 23, 2015

American Indian actors quit Adam Sandler movie over names

web counter
Hit counter provided by www.website-hit-counters.com .
Have you read the headlines that came out today?  Well, yours truly was given an opportunity to audition for this film.  And when I got the sides (a few pages of the script) to read and study, it was so offensive that I immediately called my Agent.  I asked her to get me out of that audition.  I refused to be a part of the nonsense.  Now I am not Native American but I do have that in my ancestry (according to my father) and I absolutely refused to go on that audition.  So now when the shit hits the fan, why are people surprised.  I am surprised that Adam Sandler would be a part of such a silly film.  But then again, I am not a fan of Adam Sandler and what goes around, comes around.

I received some strange FB messages lately from some guy who says he is a retired service member.  The message was full of praise, etc. and he wanted a photo of me.  So I say why not?  I am big on the military and if this guy served our country, what harm can an 8 x 10 autographed photo hurt?  

And then I received an email from a guy I haven't spoken to in two years.  I was really hurt because I thought we were friends.  He is also a fellow Actor (and I use the term loosely).  I am very careful as to which projects I choose to be a part of and this guy would do anything for a buck.  From putting on a leprechaun outfit to whatever, this guy would do anything when he sees a camera.  Anyway, I was supposed to help him with a financial deal and then he bailed on me at the last moment and I lost a nice paycheck because of him.  He would also do things like not tell me about auditions and then he would go on them and then tell me after he booked the job.  He even asked me how I found the time to work full time, go to LA for auditions, and write and produce my own material.  His own wife does not work and he constantly called her lazy.  I realized that with friends like that, who needs enemies, right?  So after I got screwed out of a nice paycheck, that was it.  I was out.  And then he has the nerve to email me?  Forget it.  You screw me over, don't even try to contact me.  Cause guess what?  I will ignore you.  

So I hope all of you out there in cyber space are doing okay.  I am fine and dandy.  And with that, I'm out.  Oh, and by the way, I did not get that last role. But I did get a chance to audition for Jamie Babbit. How many people can say that?  I got a chance to see her and even more importantly, she got a chance to see me!

No comments:

Post a Comment